Acquired Trek Fitness in America and launched first proprietary brand, “VISION Fitness” in North America catered to specialty fitness equipment dealer market, thus became a force to be reckoned in the global health equipment industry.
- Launched second proprietary brand, “Horizon Fitness” in America, distributed through sporting goods & mass market channels.
- Began to set up subsidiaries in world’s major market to offer product sale and after-sale service in order to expand global sales.
- Set up 2nd manufacture base in Shanghai, China
- Launched third proprietary brand “MATRIX Fitness” in the America, targeted at commercial market.
Started retail business in Taiwan with opening of retail stores “JOHNSON Fitness stores”.
- JHT 20th sales and marketing subsidiary company was set up.
- JHT 222th direct retail sale store was opened.
- Milestone 40th Anniversary for JOHNSON
- Acquired Canada fitness distributor, Stak Fitness and North America largest specialty dealer, Second Wind. Through the two channel, JOHNSON expanded the proprietary distribution network in North America retail and commercial market.
- JOHNSON Wellness division HQ transferred from Taiwan to Japan.
- JHT 233th direct retail stores was opened.
- The number of JHT subsidiaries worldwide increased to 24.
- JHT 26th sales and marketing subsidiary company was set up.
- Acquired Californian Fitness specialty retail store: Busy Body. JOHNSON operates up to 100 direct retail stores in America.
- With 313 proprietary retails stores and channel globally, JOHNSON continue to be “The World’s Largest Specialty Fitness Retailer”.